Garden Themed Shadow Box

Hi everyone! Since spring is right around the corner I wanted to share my garden themed shadow box. I have been obsessed with Shadow Boxes since I was a young girl. I love to create vintage that tell scenes tell a story. Tim Holtz’s Paper Dolls make it easy to bring these boxes to life.


I started with an unfinished wood shadowbox and used Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Gathered Twigs and Espresso. By using the two combined colors, I was able to create a contrasting color that pops.

Next, I used crackle paint and Ranger Dylusions paint to get the desired color. I wanted a weathered green to go with the garden theme of the box.  




For the paper portion of my shadowbox: I used Tim Holtz Memoranda paper for the background and distressed it with his  Distress Crayons and Ink in Vintage Photo and Walnut. I colored the Paper Dolls using Seedless Preserves, Blueprint Sketch, and Black Soot Distress Crayons. Lastly, I used Tim Holtz Mermaid Lagoon Distress Spray Stain and Dylusions Spray Stain in Pink Velvet for the Flower Bouquet





For the Embellishments: I used a variety of Embellishments on this piece to include Tim Holtz’s Mini Pumpkins, Bird Cage, Alpha Dice (Seed), Typography Letters (GROW), Hitch Fastener, and Apothecary Vial. I complemented those items with garden themed craft minis from my local craft store. 


This is my finished product! I love the vintage  feel of this box!  Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Themed Altered Gumball Machine

Holiday Vignette Box

Robot Vignette Box